Saturday, November 22, 2008

Back in my life

I didn't even want to leave the house I was tired but I knew it would be worth it. I took the train ride from j.p and was on the guest list and walked around until I ran into the person who guest-listed me :) *huggles*

Then I was sitting down and the most awesome person ever, who I have shared many good times with, ran up and hugged me for the longest and it just made everything all better and then we filled each other in on some missed details of our lives. We reminisced about the silly adventures we went on together. They told me what they got me for my birthday and when I get it, I will pretend to be surprised.

I spoke with their significant other and that went decently enough. I was then introduced to my former roommate of only a week from 2-3 years ago. He remembered me and he was like telling me these details he remembered about me and I did the same. I told him he was quite the asshole back then, he apologized. I was caught up on the lives of former party goers I used to see around. I saw a lot of people who I had met before but never got to talk to very much.

More talking went on inside and outside and smoking of cloves.

Finally time to go to the after party and so we do and there was a lot of familiar faces and familiar pieces of furniture as well! My friend had inherited the old furniture of my first apartment, in which I def had sex on that couch and stained it with one of my old boyfriends.

I ended up listening to **WISH** in the dark with red Christmas lights on, having one of the most deeply honest conversations you can have with an almost complete stranger, who has met you but forgot they met you. It was really nice and innocent and we slow danced to Duran Duran.

I got back to J.p at 8am and rushed and had to pack, dry, shower, etc and ended up busting the zipper on my luggage so I ended up duct taping my suitcase together. I ran and it felt like a marathon, stairs, more stairs, wrong building, more elevators and I almost shoved a small child cause I had 4 minutes until the bus was scheduled to leave and you know what they waited an extra 10-15 minutes so I felt silly for having rushed so hard.

I feel like that last night made the whole Boston trip worth it because in this one night/morning I had never felt so much affection from my friend's before and I def wasn't feeling loved with all the disappointments that have come out of this trip. But honestly I'm fine, I'm so over my past.

The Boston exes are no more, I don't need to talk to their family, I don't need to talk to them and for the person who just wants to self-destruct well have fun with that.

No comments: