Friday, December 19, 2008

Julian (Never such a significant disavowed soothsayer)

Did you ever wish me dead
Oh lover boy, oh fever head?
No you must, no you must not go away
How will you ever walk again?
And I, I might as well be dead
But I could kill you instead...
-Legs- PJ HARVEY

I remember walking around in Boston in the cold listening to Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea and nothing else, I was so addicted. When she was 22 she won an award and its very evident why, cause she's raw and fucking amazing. When I heard White Chalk, all I could think was this was how I always thought she should sound like, it was more Gothic than anything. Plus she's a real woman who knows what it feels like and doesn't sugar coat. Maybe I should pretend to be more self effacing and insecure so I could create better art. But then David Lynch says you don't have to be depressed to make great art and well look at him, he's David Lynch!

I used to be raw and charged and have emotional outbursts and it meant something. I don't miss screaming at my ex for making me so angry, seriously no one ever gets me that angry ever.

So you came to see me and you brought over Aeon Flux and we didn't even watch it. Which was fine because I had already seen it and it was terrible. You left your shirt behind and because I was territorial I set it on fire and you begged me not to. I'm sure I'm not the only one to have a weakness for Tall, hot Italian boys especially ones who looks like a famous Corey. What was the most remarkable part of our meetings were that you could read my mind and I still can't figure out how. I'm not talking about obvious thoughts but specific things that I had not actually spoken about, you're quite intuitive and maybe that's why it was as good as it was.

I was going to say I found my Julian even though I more so found my Frankie again literally.
But this is more or less the way we were supposed to be and it is and I'm happy with it and don't want it to change.

Any of you and there are a select few, are never gonna forget me and how could you, I know he didn't. I'll ruin you if you let me, but if I love you, I will make you feel like a rock star.

No comments: