Saturday, June 14, 2014


Welcome to a breathe of fresh air


I'm not going to cloud down your thoughts with regurgitated sentences and thoughts such as commonly heard conversations on the subway. "What's that Sally you say? oh you have a hair appointment today?" How f#%&ing exciting....

I cannot exclude myself from all of this but damn if I don't put effort into at least having something more offbeat to say. Sometimes I actually take what people say seriously because I genuinely enjoy good conversation. Unfortunately for me and many intellectuals alike; the art of conversation has been lost. And I find that in most social situations, I will be writhing in pain from sheer ennui and ineptitude of the majority of people to hold my attention.


That being said, I have come across PJ Harvey's interview about her new album and it reminded me how I once was. I used to be far more curious about the world I live in and more interested in if it had anything to offer me (I'm not just speaking financially) but in culture, respect and commodity.

I remember when I... used to be excited about learning everything about a new found subject and analyze; seek to replicate it in my own way. That's still part of being idealistic and the more I have to deal with crowded subways and shoving or getting shoved by zoo animals the less and less those parts of my brains want to develop.


I can't even imagine the way most people think. Are they really blissfully unaware of what is going on RIGHT HERE in our own backyard... why aren't we fundraising for our own homeless/storm relief victims, why are we instead giving money to a country that was already impoverished? At this rate Haiti will be a better developed country then us in no time. The Great Ole USA isn't so great anymore. It's becoming harder and harder to ignore/deny (whichever you or I are guilty of, presuming we educate ourselves on the state of currents events)


No one wants to listen to what is really going on, I'm not excluded from that. I'd rather not hear about "revolving doors and FEMA camps" but I don't think I'm ignorant enough to disagree. Also with the heaping amount of evidence I've read and watched it's becoming harder to dismiss altogether.


Part 2: After watching a campy high school themed movie, a movie that is very current I might add... a thought occurred to me... wait people in high school today are still virgins at 16-17... um not last time I checked; you see kids screwing at 12 with babies on the way because 1- they were never taught about birth control and condoms 2- are against abortion 3- Were set that example by their parents 4- Have no one around to love them so they need a baby to love them.

No comments: